In 2016, led by President Katie Munroe and supported by our Membership, Technology and Sponsorship Chairs, Program Chair Rachel Shields Williams and her committee set out to create an educational calendar that offered a diversity of programming to help us connect-the-dots across several legal marketing knowledge domains resulting in our members moving forward both their personal professional development, and their firms’ marketing and business activities.
Knowing the value of networking to our members, our board worked with member firms to develop a roster of law firm venues and created terrific social events where lasting memories were made. Our Future Leaders SIG co-chairs Lara Knowles and Ashley Briggs, continued to engage our active population of upcoming leaders both with interesting programs speaking directly to their professional development and with bonding happy hours. Our Baltimore Leader, Jenna (O'Connor) Schiappacasse, continued to develop and engage a strong population of legal marketers in Baltimore and has worked closely with the Capital Board to connect the two cities through videoconferencing of educational programs and encouraging travel between cities for social events. Our Senior Leaders Chairs Meggan Maromonte and Heather Reid hosted programs too to help advance the legal profession.
Thank you to our members and volunteers who contributed to our amazing programming year. Let us take a moment to reflect on our year.
- January: Disruptive Innovation: Law2023
- March: Predictive Analytics Model
- May: Adding Value by Getting Specific: How You Can Dig Deeper to Become a Trusted Advisor
- September: An Introduction to Legal Lean Sigma and Effective Project Management
- October: The Annual Half Day Program - Our Clients: How Do We Help Lawyers Move the Needle?
Future Leaders Special Interest Group Programs
- February: Tales from the Trenches: How to Successfully Grow a Legal Marketing Career
- March: Pitch and Proposal Management
- May: Surviving Submission Season: Tips, Tricks & Techniques to (Hopefully) Get Results
- July: Fundamental MBA Concepts for Your Professional Success: Strategy & Marketing
- September: The Lifecycle of an Event: Strategies to Turn Participation into Business
- December: The Business Case for Diversity
Senior Leaders Program
- February: Member Appreciation Social
- March: Baltimore Spring Social
- July: Summer Social
- December: Holiday Social
Your Honor Awards
- Big Idea: DLA Piper – “In a Flash! (A Lesson in Cybersecurity)”
- Capital Engagement: Katten – “Katten Cares” – Food From the Bar
- Member of the Year: Jenna Schiappacasse, Director of Marketing, Rosenberg Martin Greenberg, LLP
We look forward to seeing you next year – remember to renew your membership. We have a great program schedule for 2017.
By Helena M. Lawrence, Senior Marketing & Business Development Manager at Orrick, for the November/December 2016 issue of the Capital Ideas Newsletter.