LMA Fast Facts
- Founded in 1985
- Over 3,000 members in 48 U.S. states, Canada and 15 other countries
- 19 chapters across the United States and Canada
- 233 of the 250 largest U.S. law firms employ an LMA member (93%)
- LMA members’ titles include:
- marketing heads/chief marketing officers
- business development directors
- communications directors
- marketing or business development managers, coordinators and entry-level
- law firm administrators
- partners in charge of marketing
- managing partners
- practicing attorneys
- service providers to law firms
For more than 20 years, the Legal Marketing Association has been the voice of legal marketing professionals and attorneys looking to develop their practices. The association addresses the demanding needs of its members by providing:
- Continuing educational and professional development opportunities.
- Forums for open exchange of ideas and knowledge.
- Establishment of professional ethics and standards of conduct and performance.
- Education to the legal community as well as other professionals about the important role law firm marketing plays within the industry.
LMA members have a passion for knowledge and excellence. Always evolving and embracing change, LMA members are well positioned to face the challenges of today as well as those of tomorrow. To that end, the association developed and continues to implement programs that meet the professional development needs of its members including:
- Support through local chapters
- Educational programs at annual conferences
- Monthly newsletter
- Your Honor Awards program, honoring excellence and innovation in the profession
- Web site
- Job bank
- Leadership training
- Industry specific white papers
- Members-only LMA Listserv
Enhance your professional growth - Join LMA