LMA is The Authority for Legal Marketing. A not-for-profit professional organization founded in 1985, LMA serves the needs and maintains the professional standards of the men and women involved in marketing, business development, client service and communications within the legal profession. LMA also is a resource for practicing attorneys and law firm leaders who want to develop their practices and gain competitive advantage.
One of the principal goals of LMA is to provide to its members vital and timely information and education on a wide variety of issues so that they may grow professionally as well as personally. At its core, LMA provides a forum for those working in marketing, business development, communications and client service in the legal profession to share and exchange ideas.
There are many benefits of becoming a member of LMA with in-person and online benefits such as:
- Educational programs, including a highly attended annual conference, centered around 10 core competencies specific to the legal profession
- An online resource library, service provider directory and job bank
- Professional networking opportunities
- A private email discussion group, LMA Connect
- An annual LMA Your Honor Awards, which recognizes the best work of the industry
- A monthly e-newsletter
- Strategies — The Journal of Legal Marketing
- Industry surveys and research papers
- Career development opportunities, volunteer leadership opportunities and opportunities to participate in industry dialogue about critical issues facing the legal profession
"The Legal Marketing Association was founded with the idea that the individuals working to market legal services needed a forum to share and exchange ideas with each other. That basic principle holds true today. LMA is a vital resource — a lifeline — for anyone working in the marketing of professional services. You simply can't be in this profession without being a member of the Legal Marketing Association."
— Marceline O'Connor Johnson
Founding LMA Member and Past President