Is my membership still current and what is my renewal date?
How do I renew my LMA Membership?
If you are able to log into the Members-Only section, you are still a member. Membership expires on 12/31 of each year and can be renewed anytime by clicking on "Renew Membership" under the "For Members" top navigation. Enter login and password and click "Sign in" if directed to do so.
My membership expired – how do I become reinstated?
LMA’s Web site makes renewing your membership easy with just a couple of clicks of the mouse. Instead of having to remember to mail or fax your dues invoice, you are able to renew your LMA membership online instantly with VISA, MasterCard or American Express.
To renew your membership online:
- If you have not already done so, log into the Web site using your username and password.
- Once you are on the Members Only landing page, click on Renew Membership under For Members on the top navigation..
- To settle your account, click “Pay Invoice” at the bottom of the invoice. Confirm total, enter appropriate credit card information and click “check out”.
- Payment will be processed within 24 hours. Access to the Web site should not be interrupted.
If you have any questions, please contact LMA HQ at (312) 321-6898.
What happened to the Limited and International Membership types?
LMA offers members a 30-day grace period following the expiration of their membership. If you are within this time frame, simply renew your membership.
If your membership has lapsed beyond 60 days, please contact LMA HQ at (312) 321-6898.
How can I pay my membership dues?
As an ongoing commitment to look for ways to freshen and strengthen the value of membership services and benefits, a task force examined LMA's membership structure in 2010. After extensive research and analysis of member input, the task force recommended - and the board approved - a simpler membership structure. The two-year phase-in of this new membership structure consists of:
- Changing to a calendar year renewal process, which took effect in January 2011
- Eliminating the initiation fee as well as the Full/Limited membership distinction and the International/US distinction
- Adding discounted group rates for firms and companies with multiple LMA members, effective with 2012 membership renewals
Where should my membership dues payment be sent?
- Visit www.legalmarketing.org
- Enter your login and password (to reset your online username and password, click on “Forgot your Username or Password?” under the login box)
- Click the “Members Only” tab at the top
- Click “Renew Membership” in the member login box
- Update your personal profile and then click “Save Information”. Please make sure to review & update your information in each of the tabs. Once you are finished updating your profile click “Continue”.
- Enter your billing address and select if you wish to pay by credit card or check. If paying by credit card, enter your credit card information and then click "Submit Payment & Complete". If paying by check, click "Submit Payment & Complete" and the system will generate an invoice that should be returned with payment.
How long does it typically take to process my membership dues payment?
If paying by check, please include your member ID and name and send payment to:
Legal Marketing Association
8201 Solutions Center
Chicago, IL 60677-8001
If paying by credit card, please send your payment to:
Legal Marketing Association
330 N. Wabash Ave, Suite 2000
Chicago, IL 60611
Fax: (312) 673-6894
How do I receive a receipt for payment from LMA?
Online payments are processed immediately.
Renewals that are sent in to LMA Headquarters with either check or credit card must be processed manually and the process may take 7-10 business days.
Is there a grace period for my membership?
Please contact LMA HQ to request a job bank post receipt.
How can I take advantage of the new In-Transition membership category?
Yes, there is a 30 day grace period for all members. If your membership is not renewed by the 30 day grace period date, you will lose all membership rights and access to the members' only portion of the LMA web site.
Is my membership transferable?
The “In-Transition” membership category applies only to current members who are currently unemployed and seeking new positions. The “In Transition” membership category is priced at $100 for six months, with the possibility of extending to a total of 12 months at no additional charge. It is only applicable for current members at renewal time, not new members, and chapter dues will still come at the current cost. Find out more and apply today.
How do I join a committee?
LMA individual memberships may be transferred to another person if the individual member requests such a transfer via this Membership Transfer Form. The membership will be transferred to the requested individual and the departing member will be allowed to continue his/her membership for the remainder of the calendar year. A $75 transfer fee will be applied.
I joined LMA, but I have never received my copy of Strategies journal?
Members may express interest in serving on International or Chapter committees in three ways.
1. New Member - Membership application forms contain a section where you can indicate your desire to participate on a committee, either at the local chapter level or at the International level.
2. Renewing Member - On your membership renewal form. When renewing your membership, the online and hard copy dues renewal packages have a page titled Committee Interest. These packages are individually tailored to your chapter.
3. By contacting the relevant committee chair or board liaison. Members may obtain LMA International committee chair e-mail contact information by clicking on "Committees" under My LMA on the Members Only page.
If I am a member of an LMA chapter, am I a member of LMA International?
New LMA members will start to receive the journal Strategies 45 days after their membership is activated. You will receive a copy of Strategies in your new member kit. Current and recent issues are available online. A multi-year archive may be reviewed in the members-only resource center.
If you have not received a copy of Strategies 60 days after your membership payment has been processed, contact LMA HQ.
Does LMA offer discounts for firms/companies with multiple members?
All members of chapters are automatically members of LMA International.
Who should I contact if I have questions about my membership?
We do offer a group membership option. Please click here for more information.
Where are LMA chapters located?
Do my membership dues include local chapter membership?
The Legal Marketing Association (LMA) welcomes members' interest in convening a chapter. Chapters are vital in communicating the needs of the local legal community and instrumental in setting direction for our entire association.
The purpose of a Chapter is to meet, regionally, the professional needs of the in-house law firm marketing administrator. As LMA membership increases, regional affiliations provide a convenient way to maintain or increase contact with other members of the association, and a cost-effective way to provide educational programming.
The objectives of the Chapter should be to establish and maintain a regional organization to:
- Assist in establishing professional standards of performance;
- Encourage active communication and cooperation among members;
- Provide continuing education and professional development of members;
- Use the knowledge and experience of the members to promote the marketing profession in both the legal community and geographic area;
- Be a forum for the sharing of ideas and experiences among its members, taking into consideration the competitive position of the members' firms and the confidential nature of certain issues.
Chapters provide members with a cost-effective means to achieve the following goals:
- Keep abreast of trends in the constantly evolving legal marketing industry,
- Maintain open channels for the interchange of ideas,
- Provide regionally-based opportunities for education, research and training,
- Provide networking opportunities.
If you are interested in forming a chapter in your region or city, contact LMA Headquarters at email@example.com
Must I join the chapter in my area?
Membership dues include local chapter membership where applicable.
May I join more than one chapter?
If your address falls within a chapter's region, you will automatically become a member of that chapter. Members outside of designated chapter areas are considered members-at-large.
If I am an LMA member and I change firms does my membership go with me to the chapter in the new city where I will be working?
LMA members may join more than one chapter. In such cases, the member must pay chapter dues for the second and subsequent chapters. Contact LMA at firstname.lastname@example.org for multiple chapter enrollment information.
Membership in LMA belongs to the individual member. If you change firms, your membership changes right with you. If you relocate to a new city, your membership will be transferred to the chapter in that city or closest to you. If there is no chapter in your new region, you will be considered a member-at-large. Contact LMA at email@example.com if you have moved chapters.