@LMA_PHILLY IN THE TWITTERSPHERE
As President of the LMA Metropolitan Philadelphia Chapter, welcome to our website! As many of you know, the past several years in our industry have been a challenge for many of us and our firms or businesses. Since that time, legal marketers in the Metropolitan Philadelphia market found ways to do more with less. Following LMA’s example and as the cost of membership has declined, the Metro Philadelphia Chapter (“MPC”) stepped up its game and continued to offer the highest value available in the association
Several highlights of the chapter over the past few years include:
- Starting in 2013, all monthly educational seminars are complimentary to LMA Metropolitan Philadelphia members in good standing. For nonmembers, programming remains affordable at $25 with pre-registration.
- Video highlights of monthly education seminars are now available on the “PhillyLegalMarketers” YouTube channel as well as written recaps for attendees and non-attendees alike.
- Starting in 2013 and continuing today, we have enjoyed a great revival of sponsor relations, which allowed:
- A reconciled budget that has allowed the chapter to remain “in the black” for another fiscal year
- Excellent growth in members and our contact database. We had less than 100 paid members in 2012 and grew to nearly 130 paid members by end-of-year 2013. In addition, nonmember contacts have grown by the 100s as well
- Continued growth in volunteers and committee sizes, which lightened the workload for Board and Committee members
- Continued email marketing to nearly 900 contacts in our database, PR through multiple local publications, social media outreach, including Twitter and LinkedIn... and the list could go on!
We hope that you have noticed much of the above and find the Board’s efforts beneficial to you, your employer and your professional development. As a former LMA Chapter President once told me, our mission is simple: to provide members with the tools, education and support they need to perform their jobs in the most professional manner possible.
If you are not already involved with the Metro Philadelphia Chapter, I invite you to join our mailing list and to consider the benefits of becoming a member. While you are reviewing our website, check out our local job bank in addition to the international job bank maintained by LMA International. Please feel free to reach out to me or any of the chapter leaders or committee chairs at any time and for any reason. As I alluded to above, we are here for you and your career.
Thank you again for visiting our website and I hope to see you soon at an upcoming LMA Metro Philadelphia Chapter event!
2014 President, Metro Philadelphia Chapter
Legal Marketing Association
Name: Kevin Lawrence
Company: Pond Lehocky Stern Giordano
Title: Chief Marketing Officer
Kevin J. Lawrence has joined Pond Lehocky Stern Giordano as chief marketing officer. Mr. Lawrence earned both his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Temple University and brings more than 15 years of corporate marketing experience to the firm, from his past work at two global corporations. Prior to Pond Lehocky, he worked as the director of U.S. Medical Marketing for Elsevier and held numerous senior-level titles during his 10-year tenure at American Express. Mr. Lawrence has won multiple awards for his marketing expertise including the PR News Social Media Icon Award and the Targeted Advertising & Marketing Digital Best in Class Award. An accomplished violist, Mr. Lawrence is a member of the Landsdowne Symphony Orchestra and a regular participant in the Orchestral Society of Philadelphia. He lives in Center City Philadelphia with his wife and two children.
In his new role as CMO, Mr. Lawrence will lead marketing strategy with his unique combination of customer-focused and data-driven approaches. Under his guidance, Pond Lehocky will continue to solidify its status as THE workers' compensation firm in the region and further reinforce our place among national Social Security disability practices. Mr. Lawrence can be reached at email@example.com.
We currently have 33 files in our file library. Our latest files added:
Metro Philly LMA's Rooftop Summer Networker